Derek N.H. Notman CFP®
Hello, my friends call me Derek or DJ. Thank you for taking the time to visit my website to learn more about our team and what we do. I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® and the Founder of Intrepid Wealth Partners.
I am married to my lovely wife Amanda. We have a 7 year old son (going on 16!) Neary, and a rescue dog, Barley, who is an English Setter that we rescued from Lebanon! We love to travel, meet new people, and try new and different types of food.
Here are some interesting facts about me, at least I think they are interesting ;)
- PADI Dive Master: I prefer diving in warm water, but my basic certification was in Lake Superior, brrrrr!
- Delta Airlines Diamond Medallion Member: In other words, I fly a lot!
- Had the privilege of surfing in the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian oceans, the Caribbean and the Celtic Sea
- Owner of 1 square foot of Laphroaig® Scotch Whisky Distillery
- Jumped out of a plane, also known as skydiving!
- Flown on the worlds 3rd longest flight multiple times, which also happens to be the worlds longest flight on a two engine plane!
I am an American and Irish dual national, having been born in Dublin, Ireland. My son also enjoys the benefits of dual citizenship, however my wife was born and raised in Minnesota. Our travels throughout the world have taught us that most people are genuinely good and want what is best for themselves, their families, and others. We have had the privilege of meeting some great people along the way, who have helped expand our horizons, both professionally and personally.
Here we are on a recent trip to Japan!
As a Virtual Certified Financial Planner® Professional, my soul purpose is to help Entrepreneurs, Founders, Business Owners, Startup Companies, and their Families realize their hopes, dreams & goals through the powerful leverage of our financial planning process.
Please think of me and my team as a resource. Please contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!